Thursday, June 6, 2013

Job Fair Observation

1. What technology is being utilized today? Is it effective? Why?

There were only a few peices of technology that I saw being utilized. The first piece of technology I noticed was the resume writing workshop. Their was a full computer lab made available for visitors to utilize in their resume writing process. Their was also an instructor in the room to help with any questions or concerns a visitor may have.

The second piece of technology I witnessed was that of the computer room being utilized for online job applications. The instructor was present for any questions or concerns. The computers were equipped with Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Firefox, making them compatible with any job applicaiton out there.

The third piece of technology was the fact that the companies were taking down e-mail addresses for future reference. Although this is not technology in its digital form, it is technology in its simplest form. Another piece of technology that one of the companies was utilizing was the stereo equipment from the DJ table.

2. What digital technology could/should have been utilized and why?

I think many of the tables could have benefited from using laptops linked to their website. They could of also utilized business cards with QR codes on them.I only saw one QR code and that was at the BBB table. Most companies had information to hand out with their related websites, but this is not really utilizing technology. I think it could have been beneficial to create some sort of welcome program, such as a power point, that people could view and sort through. Some people just are more comfortable getting their information from a computer even though good people skills are required for a good job interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment